At Your Service
Founded in 1960, by Joseph and Georgana Linneman, MARI de VILLA started as Missouri’s first retirement center. After acquiring the original five acres of land in 1958, the Linnemans began the arduous task of trying to secure financing for their dream. St. Louis Cardinal Hall of Famer Red Schoendienst, a boyhood friend of Joe Linneman, and Dr. Jim Janney were among the original members of the board of directors. After many failures, they finally prevailed in obtaining funding and began construction.
MARI de VILLA opened on March 9, 1960, with 26 rooms. In 1964, it doubled in size and in 1980 doubled once again. In 1982, construction began on the Villa Estates, 54 condominium-style units for independent living, ranging in size from 1,000 square feet to more than 3,300 square feet.
Today, MARI de VILLA is situated on 22 acres in Town and Country, providing the feel of a country club atmosphere with surroundings of simple elegance.
Fred Wiesehan serves as CEO/President, and Mary Kay Wiesehan as Vice-President and Corporate Secretary. Collectively, this management team has been in place for thirty plus years, leading the commitment to provide human dignity with love, outstanding nursing care and activities to meet the needs of our guests.